Monday, October 29, 2012

For Baby Aubrey

This gift is for baby Aubrey.


So, you might ask yourself,
Who is baby Aubrey?!?!?!?!?

We were wondering the same thing...


(by the way, these are burp cloths)

Blake was handed this gift at church on Sunday from a really sweet and kind lady. 


The question is....
 Is Baby Aubrey suppose to say Baby Ashby?
or...
Does this kind lady think we are naming our little girl Aubrey? 
and...
 If she does think we are naming her Aubrey, 
Do we now need to do that so that we don't hurt her feelings?



Luckily, that question was answered for us after church as I was having a lovely conversation with this sweet, kind lady. It's a pregnancy conversation first, so I really didn't know how to respond to what she said to me. Bare with me a little, I don't remember exactly how the conversation went.


"You know how some people count sheep to fall asleep?"

"Yeah."

"I can't sleep at night. I use to count sheep. I worry if I wake up in the middle of the night. I can't fall back to sleep. It's hard to fall asleep too. Instead of counting sheep, I think of all the baby names that sound good with Aubrey."

(silent smile)

"I came up with some really good names too." 

"Yeah? Really?"

"It really helps me fall asleep."

"That's good....(smile)...thanks for the gift."


I was afraid to actually ask her the names that she came up with. Now I'm a little disappointed I didn't ask. I'm glad that my pregnancy is helping others in their difficult sleeping problems. Sadly, if I think of baby names when I can't sleep at night, it only makes my sleeping problems worse. I try to avoid all thoughts of baby when I'm falling asleep.

I'm also glad that she thinks our last name is Aubrey and not that we are naming her Aubrey. It might have been a little disappointing to her or could offend her if we changed our little one's name. It all was really sweet, and I'm grateful that she was thinking of us. It was a homemade gift, so I know some time and thought went into the gift. 

Only 1 week left until baby Aubrey arrives. I guess that can be her name until she is  here. 


1 comment: