Saturday, October 20, 2012

Art Prize 2012

Remember this toy?
Large Pin Art/Black
and how cool it was to push your face into it?
and other things into it, but mainly the face?

WELL.....

We totally got to do this at Artprize a few weeks ago.


Tiffany thought it was really cool!


I had to really shove her into it. 


I didn't try it and totally regret it now. 



If you're wondering....
Artprize is a LARGE outdoor/indoor art exhibit in downtown Grand Rapids. If it's art, it's been at Artprize. 

They added a music category this year and I got to perform a piece written by my friend Emily Brown. There were 12 flutes, 4 piccolos, 4 alto flutes, 4 bass flutes and 1 contrabass flute. You can listen to the link below:

03 The Gathering by Emily Brown 11

I also heard a very cool percussion piece written by the Timpani player for the Grand Rapids Orchestra, Shannon Wood. Hearing it live and watching it performed was AMAZING! Here's the link:

Concerto for Section Percussion and Orchestra, Three Shades of Lyricism by Shannonwood

Blake and I went 3 times this year, but only took photos of the piece above. My favorite work was Rebirth of Spring by Fritz Hoendervanger. It got 3rd place overall. When we first walked up to the piece we thought that the paint would be 3-D/textured but it is completely flat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment