Monday, January 7, 2013

Becoming a Better Mom

My goal for 2013 is to become a better mom.

It seems simple enough, 
but so much is involved in achieving my goal.

I want...
to be more patient with Tiffany and Addie
to spend more time playing with them
cherish each moment more
to remember more about their lives
help them learn about Jesus and the gospel
them look back on their childhood and think, "wow, I had a cool mom."

As I looked back on this past year I felt like I didn't spend good quality time with my beautiful daughters. I let the busyness of life take over and forgot to cherish the moments. To help me remember I have planned what activity I will do with them everyday (2 weeks of planning at a time.) There are game days, library days, reading books all day days, coloring days, playground days, cool science project days, and playing with toys days. 

This started today, and it was game day.
I enjoyed a lovely game of Chutes and Ladders with Tiffany. 
Addie only lasted 2 rounds and got bored...
Tiffany actually lasted an entire game before getting bored and won!
Afterwards we just played with Legos, blocks and much more.

It was a great day!

(My other goal is to document these days with more pictures. Sadly I didn't do that today.)


No comments:

Post a Comment